From the British Potato Council and Seafish, we have collected some facts and figures about fish & chips that we think Trawlerman customers will be interested in. You can find out more information by browsing their websites.
- The UK’s 8,500 fish and chip shops sell over 277 million portions of chips per year.
- Over half the UK adult population visits fish and chip shop at least once a month, and 15% of the UK adult population enjoy fish and chips once or twice a week.
- The British Nutrition Foundation confirms that an average portion of battered fish and chips contains 20.6g of fat. That is almost three times less fat than a chicken tikka masala and pilau rice, which is loaded with a staggering 59.9g fat. A Chinese takeaway of sweet and sour pork with egg-fried rice weighs in with 38.6g fat, nearly double the content of fish and chips.
- An average serving of chips contains more than double the amount of fibre found in an average serving of brown rice or bowl of porridge.
- An average portion of battered cod & chips has fewer calories, at least half the saturated fat and just a tenth of the salt of a cheese and tomato pizza.
- You can get a third of your daily vitamin C from a portion of chips.
- Thick chips absorb less oil than thin ones, so chunky chips are healthier.
- Fish & Chips is amongst the least processed takeaway food available.
View more facts here: http://www.federationoffishfriers.co.uk/pages/facts-and-figures-603.htm